Sunday, May 29, 2011

Companion...

Out of Syllabus 13 

July 2nd 2010
I was sitting dumbstruck in my room gazing at the campus. All around me was packed baggage. I thought, Just hours to leave this heaven. I can’t believe it. 4yrs felt like 4days. Oh my God! Within hours I, we, are gonna leave the campus forever. Campus where we actually lived our life, campus where we learned everything except learning, campus where we were mould in to ourselves. Soon everything will be memories. And time will fade them out. I couldn’t control the tears. I let it flow.
It was the last day to vacate hostel. I had just finished packing. At one side there were things dumped which were to be left behind. I didn’t want to leave those things. I wanted to take every bit of LBS with me, whether it be piece of paper, or answer papers which contain single digit marks, or bits of copy papers which helped me in exams, or posters of fests we conducted, I wanted everything. But I had no choice. I double checked everything and took whatever I can. It was when I finished, I heard a voice. A voice cracked with pain.
“You are going away tomorrow. You are leaving me behind. You know we won’t meet each other anymore. Still you leave me behind.  Don’t know whether you remember or not, I was the first companion you had when you stepped into LBS. Since then we never looked backwards. We went on together. Until today. And you are going to leave your best companion back. I was there with you. I stood with you in your despair, pain, happiness, triumphs and failures. You laughed on me when you was happy. You cried on me when you was sad. You punched & kicked me when you was angry. You rested on me when you was tired. You threw away me, you told me to get lost, still I came back to you. And still you are leaving your best companion back here. Best of all, I was the best companion whenever you dreamt about her and still you leave me behind. I know you can live without me. I know you will get new and better companion. I know you won’t even remember me tomorrow. All I want to say is that without you, my place is in garbage.”
I looked around and was surprised to see the owner of the voice. These were the words told in tears to me by MY PILLOW!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. mine too.. cared me wen i needed it.. hid ma tears so that none cud c it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too gone through the same situation...ho too too nostalgic..

    ReplyDelete

Put in your thoughts here!!!